Castello di OkrouhliceCastello di Okrouhlice

 

La prima menzione concreta di Okrouhlice si trova nei libri del monastero di Vilémov nel 1388. In quel periodo, l'abate Pietro vendette Okrouhlice e Chlístov a Bernardo, che in seguito scrisse di Okrouhlice. Lui o uno dei suoi parenti costruì una fortezza sopra il fiume Sázava. All'epoca si trattava probabilmente di una torre residenziale con annessi in legno. A ovest e a nord, dove sorgevano le case del villaggio, dovevano essere state costruite delle mura o almeno delle palizzate adiacenti all'edificio della fortezza. La strada di accesso conduceva dal guado intorno al mulino alla fortezza.

Nel 1454 viene citato come proprietario Tomek di Kněnice, il capostipite della famiglia Okrouhlick di Kněnice. Successivamente, la fattoria fu probabilmente divisa, perché nel 1527 Lidmila di Libodršice è menzionata come proprietaria e brevemente Mikuláš il più giovane di Dobřenice. Nello stesso anno Okrouhlice era probabilmente di proprietà anche di Václav Okrouhlický di Kněnice, che però viene menzionato solo un anno dopo. Nel 1539 viene citato come proprietario Jan Okrouhlický di Kněnice. Questi frequenti cambi di proprietario sembra abbiano portato al mancato pagamento delle tasse, tanto che Adam di Dobřenice fu costretto a ipotecare Okrouhlice nel 1542. Durante le guerre hussite, tuttavia, gli interessi diminuirono gradualmente.

Intorno al 1590 Okrouhlice, insieme alla vicina Světlá, divenne proprietà di Mikuláš Trčka di Lípa. All'epoca il villaggio e la fortezza erano in pessime condizioni. Mikuláš Trčka acquistò quindi la fattoria e la unì al maniero di Svetla. La fortezza fu mantenuta, mentre il villaggio stesso fu riunito al maniero che vi sorgeva e, grazie a ciò, fu annesso a Světlá. Rimase in possesso della famiglia Trčka fino al 1634, quando Adam Erdman Trčka di Lípa fu assassinato a Cheb.

In 1680, Count Ferdinand of Waldstein apparently had a two-winged castle with St. Anne's Chapel and a ballroom built on the site of the fortress. He had the surroundings of the castle landscaped into a garden, which was complemented by a gazebo and a pond. It was then separated from the village square by a wall with an outbuilding, the so-called Drábovňa. After his death in 1696, Count Kornel bought the property in Okrouhlice, but in 1708 it was bought by the free lord Michal Asháč Kirchner. In the same year, however, the Imperial Privy Council is also listed as the owner and from 1692 Count Jan Petr Straka of Nedabylice and Libčany, who bought it for 120,000 gold coins. He had the chateau and its surroundings rebuilt - for example, he built a brewery to the north of it on the site of a defunct sheepfold. It is difficult to locate it today, but it probably stood under Hyrš's farm. At the same time, the chateau's granary was probably built and in 1848 a fountain in the courtyard with a water supply from the pond on the northern edge of the village.

On 7 January 1861, the castle was hit by fire, which quickly spread to the surrounding buildings. Although it was no longer inhabited by the nobility, the castle was quickly rebuilt using the Straka Foundation. The reconstruction was led by Martin Urban from Německý Brod, as evidenced by a record found in the tower's poppy. The same record documents the placement of a new metal turret on the repair tower on 6 August 1861. This turret was made by Matěj Skala, also from Německý Brod. The tower was repaired again in 1883. During the repairs, one floor of the tower was taken down, so that the castle no longer reached its original monumentality. Neither the original clock tower nor the stucco was restored. In 1847, the chateau chapel was consecrated, gradually dismantled and for some time served as an office. For a time, the castle housed a shelter for impoverished noblewomen. In the 20th century it was part of the operation of a nearby distillery, it was a branch of the Karlovy Vary Porcelain Company (until 2003)[2] and there were also apartments. Now (2016) the castle is abandoned and its reconstruction is under preparation.