Cyril and Methodius Route – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe

Svatý Kopeček - Olomouc

Villa Primavesi

The Art Nouveau villa was built as a town residence for the banker family of Otto and Eugenie Primavesi in 1905-1906. It is a national cultural monument. The architects were able to masterfully combine the Art Nouveau style of the time with the modern current and the result was a richly articulated single-storey house with a high mansard roof. Leading artists of the time contributed to the interior decoration. Among them was family friend Anton Hanak, who designed for them the paneling of the dining room with the copper fountain "Living Water", a statue of a ponocny and many other works. Another important artist involved in the decoration of the villa was the artist and architect Josef Hoffman and the painter Gustav Klimt. You can see the Villa Primavesi during irregular interior tours. The villa also has a stylish café with comfortable seating both inside and in the garden.