Cyril and Methodius Route – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe

Jablunkov - Vyšní Kamenitý

Lookout tower Kozubová

The lookout tower on Kozubová (982 m above sea level) in the Moravian-Silesian Beskydy Mountains is a part of the Chapel of St. Anne situated in the cadastre of the village Milíkov. The chapel of St. Anne was built on Kozubová on the initiative of parish priest Ploszek from Hnojník in 1936-37. At the end of the 1990s, the building underwent extensive external and internal reconstruction, to which, in addition to the faithful, the surrounding villages contributed. The nearby tourist hut was built in 1929 and served its purpose until 1973, when it burned down. In 1982 the present Kozubová hut was put into operation in its place. The chapel with an 18-metre high lookout tower is now owned by the church. Previously, it was accessible only a few times a year during church events. Since 2006 it has been possible to request access from the operator of the Kozubová chalet. There is a yellow hiking trail from Milíkov to the summit. Other ascent routes lead from Košařisk and Dolní Lomná. The Kozubová hut can be reached by car, but only with a permit. The tower offers a view only in the northern and eastern direction of the Czech-Slovak-Polish border area, in other directions the view is covered by the surrounding trees.

Source: www.kudyznudy.cz