Cyril and Methodius Route – Cultural Route of the Council of Europe

Kokory - Dub nad Moravou

Citov Chateau

The castle was built in 1765 by the Dominican convent in Olomouc and served as a summer residence for the convent’s members. After the dissolution of the monastery in 1782, Citov was given to the religious fund and the royal chamber sold it to the Pauspertl brothers from Drachenthal in 1827. Tobias Pauspertl had the existing castle building, which stood by the manor yard, demolished and replaced by an Empire-style castle. The construction was carried out by the builder Rosa from Kroměříž and was completed in 1845. The Knights de Navarre inherited the castle from the Pauspertl family in 1908 and owned it until 1945. A natural landscape park was established around the castle. Today the castle serves the needs of the municipality and is not open to the public. The park is accessible, there are several beautiful corners, fountains and play elements for children.